Who am I?

 I was forged through snowball fights in -100 weather and summers of subsistence living on the tundra of rural Alaska. Double majoring in animation and cultural psychology with a focus on folklore. 

I create art and tell stories in order tol brighten people's lives, bringing a sense of wonder and magic to their world.  













I believe that the greatest thing that art can do is bring a sense of calm and hope to people. 

Yet I also have a strong belief in the power of traditional tales. Having heard stories about raven playing tricks on and aiding people or the little people of the tundra from the elders of the villages I grew up. There are thousands of years of history wrapped up in such stories, thousands of years of belief and hope. So in addition to art and fiction I study and write about folk tales and mythology in hopes of inspiring others with the greatest cultural artifacts a culture can give us - the stories they tell.

Nukiuk

No comments:

Post a Comment